PASTOR’S CORNER JAN 2, 2011
It is a little strange writing the Pastor’s Corner two weeks early. So since I can’t see into the future I will pray that you have the holiest, happiest and healthiest of New Years. Here’s a little article to help you get the New Year started off on the right foot.
Where is the safest place in the world today?
Statistics Don’t Lie: How to stay safe in the world today!
- Avoid riding in automobiles, they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents.
- Do not stay home because 17% of all accidents occur in the home.
- Avoid walking on streets or sidewalks because 14% of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
- Avoid traveling by air, rail, or water because 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
- Of the remaining 33%, 32% of all deaths occur in hospitals, so above all else, avoid hospitals.
- But… you will be pleased to learn that only … 001% of all deaths occur in worship services in church, and these are usually related to previous physical disorders. Therefore, logic tells us that the safest place for you to be at any given time is at Church!
- And Bible Study is safe too! The percentage of deaths during Bible study is even less.
- So, attend church services and read your Bible, it will save you life.
- The Catholic Church has been under the same management for almost 2000 years. The Divine Physician is in charge, He heals all!
- See you in Church or some other safe place (?). Blessings for the New Year.
Remember: we are still in the Christmas Season. It officially ends Jan. 9th on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. Defy the “wisdom” of the world and keep celebrating the Good News of Christ’s Birth: keep you decorations up, the lights lit and Christmas carols playing.