Last Approved Minutes from Pastoral Council Meeting
OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL
MINUTES OF JANUARY 15, 2013
ATTENDANCE AND ROLL CALL: Fr. John O’Leary, Fr. Cosme De La Pena, Mary Joan Piechocki, Jayne Finocchiaro, Clare Herm, Andy Petrella, Violet Rixey, Gene Sicilia, Rita Sicilia, Don Trappler, Linda Viventi were in attendance. Deacon Ralph Catanese, Deacon George Ferland, Beth Denham, Bill Ravenkamp were absent. Ross Denham from the Finance Council was unable to attend due to a conflict with another meeting. Meeting called was called to order by President Linda Viventi at 7 PM and a prayer was offered.
MINUTES AND COMMUNICATIONS: The October minutes were reviewed and approved with corrections. There was no correspondence.
1. Football Mania: The grand prize will soon be announced.
2. Constitution: Clare reported that the constitution is now on the website and the ministries listed there are in sync with those in our constitution with a few exceptions that will be fine tuned.
3. Ministry Reports: Joe Danieswiez is replacing John Sowa, ministry chair, for the Extraordinary Ministers. Chuck Brockanias for the Lectors and Bob Elsey for the Ushers. Clare Herm and Barbara Danieswiez from the Welcoming Committee is planning to host a Meet and Greet for St. Elizabeth’s parishioners on Sunday, February 3rd after the 11am mass in St. Gabe’s Hall for all ministry heads. Name tags and refreshments will be provided. An overview of the ministries will be presented. Five new parishioners from Our Lady of the Angels will also be invited.
4. Holiday Gift Cards: Violet will give a final report at the next council meeting. Judy Pikulinski, Scrip ministry chair, is putting the information together.
5. Bus Trip Options: are being planned for Sight and Sound Theatre and NYC.
6. Parish and Finance Council Christmas Party: was a big hit and a good time was had by all. Thank you for everyone’s contribution and the Rixey’s for hosting at their house.
7. Christmas in MT: was a big success and well worth the involvement in the community effort. Our donated wreath and tree were well received. Many parishioners were in attendance for the event.
1. Year of Faith and Lenten Plans: Between forty and fifty adults and children participated in the Christmas Caroling to two nursing homes and visited twenty plus shut-ins bring much pleasure and tidings of joy to those visited. Along with caroling Father Cosme offered Eucharist to those visited. This was a year of faith event and is worth being an annual one. As the Year of Faith progresses and we move into the Lenten celebration there are ongoing events for spiritual, social and educational for all parishioners to participate in throughout the year such as meetings to continue the journey, Divine Mercy Novena, Communal Penance, activities at masses, meditations on early church people, setter supper, dinner in April, Mardi Gras, Bishop‘s installation, healing masses and Holy Week calendar. The month of May will highlight Mary’s Role in Salvation History with prayer and educational events.
OPEN DISCUSSION: Give Linda any stories that would be worth sharing with the parishioners. Choir rehearsal will resume soon. Twenty-one parishioners have registered to date. Bible Study started on Wednesday mornings January 23rd and Thursday evenings January 24th for 10 weeks. Twenty-five parishioners are signed up. Tommy Doyle is hosting a Christian Praise and Worship Concert on Friday February 1st, 2013.
WHAT ARE WE HEARING IN THE PARISH?: The healing mass has received good feedback. All enjoyed the instruments at the Christmas service. Send thank you notes to Middle Township Elementary thru H.S. music leader, Ms. Ross, for her participation and supervision. Father will continue to discourage hand shaking or drinking from the cup during flu season. The outside sign is expected to be up by the end of January. Bishop Mc Hugh will not be closing for at least two more years to provide a breathing period for coordinating fundraising efforts. Catholic Schools Week is coming up and all are welcome to visit. A faculty vs. student basketball game was led by Father Cosme.
NEXT PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING: Tuesday, February 19th, 2013.
ADJOURNMENT: Linda offered a closing prayer and adjourned the meeting at 7:50 pm.
Violet Rixey, Secretary